Silex Data Solutions is pleased to work with our industry leading partners to provide our customers with FREE resources to use during this trying time.
Please continue to check this page for updates. Thank you!
Silex Data Solutions Offerings:
Call 615.599.5985 or email email@example.com for additional information.
FREE Secure Remote Infrastructure Assessment – Review current configuration with a focus on the needs and system loads with the increase in remote workers
- VDI or Remote Desktop Capabilities
- Setup cloud-based offerings to create a virtual desktop “flex-on-demand” solution
- Amazon WorkSpaces
- Azure Windows Virtual Desktop
- Setup cloud-based offerings to create a virtual desktop “flex-on-demand” solution
- Endpoint Security Assessment
- Review how employee endpoints are managed securely with considerations given to VPN, EDR, DLP, and other endpoint security solutions
- VPN Assessment
- Assist with the implementation of VPN solutions and assess the appropriate use for traffic traversing the VPN – make recommendations for split tunneling where appropriate
- There are numerous vendors that are offering free VPN services for COVID-19. We can help you evaluate each one to determine the best fit
- Network Performance Assessment (WAN)
- Review overall network configuration with special emphasis given to improving performance for remote workers
FREE Cloud Assessment
- Review current cloud implementation and recommend potential improvements
- Review current Azure and/or AWS environment to determine capacity and efficiency savings
- Identify cloud services without redundancy and make appropriate recommendations to address
FREE Server Virtualization Assessment
- Provide an assessment of your virtualized compute environment
- Make capacity recommendations regarding hot spot elimination
- Provide performance tuning as necessary based on VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, Nutanix Acropolis, or Red Hat Virtualization best practices
FREE Database Assessment
- Provide an assessment of your database environment to identify any issues with capacity, backups, and tuning based on Oracle, DB2, Microsoft, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB best practices
FREE Storage Assessment
- Review current performance metrics
- Review allocation and space efficiencies
- Assist with remote storage management as needed
- SAN health check review and remediation assistance
- Review virtualized storage assets where appropriate
FREE COVID-19 IT Response Assessment
- Provide advisory services with your technical teams as they evaluate future projects, technical solutions, and other business requirements in response to COVID-19
FREE Application Performance Analysis
- Setup tools in your environment at no-cost to identify hot spots at an application, database, server, or network level
- Some APM vendors such as Dynatrace provide application performance management tools free of charge for a limited time
FREE Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plan Review
- Provide a review of your business’s BC/DR plans, provide recommendations, and discuss technology options available to address any identified gaps
- Special emphasis given to employee redundancy, process documentation, and overall resiliency
- Assess RTOs, RPOs, and backup retention as it aligns to business objectives
- Assist with setting up a secondary or tertiary copy of your data to provide additional business DR capabilities. Additional copies of data could include VM, database, and file-level backups on premises or in the cloud
- Workspaces: Beginning April 1st, we are offering Amazon WorkSpaces for up to 50 users at no charge for new WorkSpaces customers, offer available through June 30, 2020. This offer will include our Standard, Value, and Performance bundles. https://aws.amazon.com/workspaces/pricing/
- WorkDocs: free use of all Amazon WorkDocs features with 1 TB of storage per user for up to first 50 users from March 16, 2020 to June 30, 2020 for all customers that start using Amazon WorkDocs for the first time https://aws.amazon.com/workdocs/pricing/
- AWS is offering over 300 free on-demand training courses covering many subjects, including:
- Database Fundamentals
- Automation (CloudFormation)
- Serverless Architecture
- Big Data
Microsoft Teams Offer:
- 6 months no-charge: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/blog/2020/03/05/our-commitment-to-customers-during-covid-19/
Google G-Suite Offer:
- Using the premium features of Meet, our video conferencing app, which we made available to all G Suite customers at no cost until July 1, 2020. https://blog.google/inside-google/company-announcements/covid-19-how-were-continuing-to-help/
- Starting immediately the Metallic Endpoint Protection SaaS offering is free of charge for all new sign ups, the offer is valid through September 1st. Commvault wants to provide protection at a time when our customers are the most vulnerable, there is no obligation and no cost during this time period. The customer can access the offer here: Metallic Endpoint Offer, just like with the Metallic Free Trial it takes less than 15 minutes to set up.
- Software intelligence company, Dynatrace, announced it is providing new users with extended, free trial access to the Dynatrace Software Intelligence Platform, through May 19, 2020. In addition, new users will receive free access to the Dynatrace Real User Monitoring (RUM) for SaaS vendor experience, through September 19, 2020. These actions are designed to help global organizations, especially those on the frontlines in the travel, logistics, and healthcare industries, keep their teams productive and maintain digital performance during the global response to the coronavirus. https://www.dynatrace.com/covid-19-response/
- Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows FREE– The FREE standalone Veeam® Agent for Microsoft Windows provides a simple solution for backing up Windows-based desktops and laptops. With Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows FREE, you can easily back up your computer to an external hard drive, NAS (network-attached storage) share or a Veeam Backup & Replication™ repository. https://www.veeam.com/windows-endpoint-server-backup-free.html
- Simple and Secure VPN Networking– Veeam® PN is a FREE tool designed to simplify and orchestrate VPN networking and configuration tasks, eliminating manual networking connectivity and complicated VPN installation procedures. Administrators can create, configure and connect site-to-site or point-to-site VPN tunnels through an intuitive UI within a few clicks. https://www.veeam.com/powered-network.html
- Get the most out of all of the assets in your infrastructure. Galileo’s complimentary health assessment comes with every 30-Day FREE Trial and gives you the critical insights necessary to maintain your unique environment. Our out-of-the-box intelligence let’s you see everything all at once. Watch the video HERE!
- Free 60-Day Usage of BlackBerry Secure Communication Solutions BlackBerry is helping to enable remote working initiatives and offering free availability of secure communication solutions including: BlackBerry® Desktop, SecuSUITE® for Government, BlackBerry® AtHoc® and BlackBerry® CylancePROTECT® — Available at No Charge for 60 Days – Press Release
- In response to the outbreak, BlackBerry is providing free of charge, 60-day trials of BlackBerry Desktop licenses. BlackBerry Desktop can turn any home laptop into a secure, remote work laptop. There’s no need to manage devices—managing the browser is all it takes.
Cisco Offer: These offers will be available from now until July 1, 2020. Supporting our customers and partners remains a top priority, and we hope these proactive steps help companies manage the business impact and keep employees safe during this evolving situation.
- Cisco Umbrella protects users from malicious Internet destinations whether they are on or off the network. Because it is delivered from the cloud, Umbrella makes it easy to protect users everywhere in minutes. With this offer, existing customers can exceed their user limit to support an increase in remote workers, and new customers can access a free license. To have the initial 14-day period extended to 90 days, please contact the Cisco sales team.
- Duo Security enables organizations to verify users’ identities and establish device trust before granting access to applications. By employing a zero-trust model, it decreases the attack surface and reduces risk. With this offer, existing customers can exceed their user limit to support an increase in remote workers, and new customers can access a free license.
- Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client empowers employees to work from anywhere on company laptops or personal mobile devices. It also provides the visibility and control security teams need to identify who and which devices are accessing their infrastructure. Existing AnyConnect customers can exceed their user limit to support an increase in remote workers, and new customers can access a free license. To get started, existing and new customers should talk with a Cisco representative or partner to get the requested usage counts. For more information on implementation, please view the online documentation.
AppDynamics (Cisco) Offer:
- In these difficult times, digital business has become more important than ever. That’s why we’re supporting you with free access to AppDynamics, free support from our expert consultants and access to our Premium University content via the COVID-19 Assist Program.
- Start your free 15-day SaaS trial now, easily, with no credit card required https://www.appdynamics.com/free-trial/
Webex (Cisco) Offer:
- Webex is here to help: Work remotely or from home. Stay connected. Webex is offering our users unlimited usage on the most secure collaboration platform globally to help them get through this difficult time. https://cart.webex.com/sign-up
Palo Alto Offer
- Prisma Access: If you would like Prisma Access, we understand time is of the essence, so we are offering free, accelerated deployment and on-boarding of your remote users. No charge for unanticipated spikes for mobile users for 90 days.
- Global Protect: The remote access VPN for windows and mac devices is included, however, VPN access for mobile users with HIP checks is a separate license. We are giving customers a 90 day trial of the paid subscription. Learn more HERE.
- Polaris Radar allows you to quickly discover the blast radius of an attack, understand what needs to be recovered, and initiate 1-click file level recoveries. We are making Radar available to our customers at no cost through July 10th, 2020. Complete the form to activate Polaris Radar now.
- Varonis COVID-19 Cyber Task Force: If you have an existing Varonis install, Varonis will also perform a health check at no-cost to ensure everything is functioning per best practices. Evaluation licenses are available that can be enabled quickly to monitor and prevent threats with VPN, DNS, Active Directory, and Office 365. Learn more here.
- Incident Response Team: Offering a no-cost incident response team to answer any questions or concerns, whatever they be. Learn more here.
Google Cloud Offer:
- Google Cloud is offering more than 60 on-demand training courses, hands-on labs, and webinars no-cost for 30 days on subjects including Google Compute Engine, Kubernetes, and Machine Learning. Learn more here.
Red Hat Offer:
- RedHat is providing free courses for 30 days.
- RH Enterprise Linux Technical Overview (RH024) https://lnkd.in/easaWfy
- RH Agile integration Technical Overview (DO040)
- Ansible Essentials (DO007) – https://lnkd.in/e3wgUmw
- Deploying Containerized Applications Tech Overview (DO080) – https://lnkd.in/eEAnK4w
- RH Satellite Technical Overview (RH053) – https://lnkd.in/ePyqqUy
- RH OpenStack Technical Overview (CL010) – https://lnkd.in/eduzRxE
- Virtualisation & Infrastructure Migration Technical Overview (RH018) – https://lnkd.in/eT8DgqX
- Thirty (30) Days of Free Access to DO101 – Introduction to OpenShift Applications
- An individual Named Participant may set up a free access to the combined Red Hat Online Learning (ROLE) and video classroom (VC) version of the DO101 course through June 30, 2020.
- The Named Participant must have a redhat.com account or set up a redhat.com account at the time of registering for free access to DO101.
- The Named Participant will have free access to DO101 for one (1) thirty (30)-day period from the date of registration.
- The Named Participant will be limited during the free access period to a maximum of ten (10) hours of lab usage.
- The Named Participant will not be able to download an eBook as part of the free access period.
- This offer may not be combined with any other customer promotion or offer.
- Full Terms and Conditions can be found HERE.
- Splunk has created a Remote Work Insights module that can be installed in a Splunk instance as an add-on and provides a real-time dashboard with visibility into Palo Alto GlobalProtect VPN services, Microsoft 365, Zoom, and Okta to assist customers with monitoring their remote workforce and answer questions about connectivity, productivity, and engagement. Support for Cisco WebEx, Microsoft Active Directory, and Cisco AnyConnect is planned for future releases.
- Software intelligence company, Dynatrace (NYSE: DT), today announced it is providing new users with extended, free trial access to the Dynatrace® Software Intelligence Platform, through May 19, 2020. In addition, new users will receive free access to the Dynatrace Real User Monitoring (RUM) for SaaS vendor experience, through September 19, 2020.
- Dynatrace is offering extended, free trial access to its highly automated Software Intelligence Platform through May 19, 2020 to help resource constrained IT teams quickly adapt to the changing landscape.
- To ensure the availability and performance of SaaS applications and maintain the productivity of remote SaaS users, Dynatrace is also offering free use of its Real User Monitoring (RUM) for SaaS vendor experience, via its web browser extension, through September 19, 2020.
- Organizations can sign up for this program by visiting the Dynatrace COVID-19 assistance.
Hitachi Vantara Offer:
- Hitachi Vantara is offering FREE access to more than 200 Self-Paced Learning resources until July 31, 2020 so you can sharpen your skills at this time of social distancing and working remotely. Since these are virtual courses, they can be done whenever or wherever you want! Learn for FREE with Hitachi Vantara
- Full access to 3 Self-Paced Learning Libraries
- Content Library
- Infrastructure Library
- Converged/Hyperconverged Library
- All courses, videos, quizzes, labs and 1:1 with experts
- FREE Virtual Training Webinars through the end of 2020
- Full access to 3 Self-Paced Learning Libraries
Please continue to check back in for additional Silex & Partners’ Free IT Products and Services. To view additional resources presented by Silex Data Solutions and our Partners, visit our Silex Data COVID-19 Resources page!